We offer one-on-one hospital private care by our compassionate personal support workers (PSWs) and nurses. Due to work, children, and life’s other responsibilities, we understand that family cannot always be visiting at the hospital. It can be worrisome for families to know that their loved one is by themselves. An extended stay in the hospital or rehabilitation can be lonesome, and patients may find it difficult to pass the time.
Retire-At-Home Services can help! By providing compassionate one-on-one care at bedside, we can provide company and companionship, as well as the additional care your loved one needs.
Customized and Affordable Hospital Private Care
Whatever special needs your family or loved one has in the hospital, we will help offer a solution.
Common needs for one-on-one hospital private care are:
- Post-surgery care
- Alzheimer’s or other dementia
- Step-down from ICU
- Failure to thrive
- Waiting for a long term care bed to open
Short notice and flexible hospital private care
We provide private hospital care for as little as a few hours a day to 24-hours around the clock service. We can respond with fairly short notice. If you have any questions about this care, please call 416-479-9659 and we can discuss your needs.
Benefits of hospital private care
Bedside one-on-one hospital private care can have many benefits for both loved one and family:
- Companionship and conversation, reducing boredom and helping pass the time,
- Pain management, if your loved one is experiencing pain, we alert the hospital staff on duty and help reduce suffering,
- We notify the hospital staff of any changes in your loved one,
- Personal care, showering, changing of incontinence briefs in a timely manner so that your loved one is not waiting on busy hospital staff,
- Mobility assistance. If your loved one can benefit from walking, in order to maintain or gain strength, we can help with assisted walking around the facility,
- Reporting back to the family. We will report back to the family at the end of the shift, so that family members are kept in the loop and can have peace of mind.
Below is a list of facilities where we provide one-on-one hospital private care:
- Mount Sinai Hospital Toronto
- Toronto General Hospital
- Princess Margaret Hospital
- Toronto Rehab Hospital
- Toronto Western Hospital
- Michael’s Hospital Toronto
- North York General Hospital
- Joseph’s Hospital Toronto
- Runnymede Rehabilitation Hospital
- Toronto East York Hospital
- Sunnybrook Hospital Toronto
- John’s Rehab North York Toronto
- Bridgepoint Rehab Hospital Toronto
- Humber River Hospital North York