Services Customized for your medical needs, personal preferences & budget!
Retire-At-Home Services, Toronto East
283 Danforth Avenue, #316 Toronto, ON, M4K 1N2
Call for a Free In-Home Consultation: (416) 423-0963
We are a full-service care services company, ready to serve you and your family throughout the GTA. Call us now for any questions you have about how our services can help you! We want to provide you with quality care for your loved one. We offer some of the best care services in Toronto – let us prove it to you!
Our services include:
- Personal care services provided by qualified personal support workers (PSWs). Personal care includes toileting, changing of incontinence briefs, bathing, dressing, and oral care.
- Dementia care. We are pleased to offer our clients a specialized program to tend to the specific needs of seniors with Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia. Taking guidance from the Alzheimer Society of Canada, we deliver person-centred care, as well as train our staff at the Alzheimer Society so they can better understand dementia and how it affects loved ones and their behaviour.
- Live-in care for around the clock peace of mind. With our live-in care program, caregivers sleep in the house overnight and work in the day.
- Fit Minds in-home cognitive stimulation (CST) therapy. We deliver one-on-one cognitive stimulation with no computers! One of our warm and compassionate Cognitive Coaches will visit your loved one and spend an hour exercising the 5 areas of brain cognition. This program is targeted for people in moderate and advanced stages of dementia.
- In-home foot care, especially for those with diabetes. Is your loved one having difficulties cutting their toenails? It may be time to bring in a professional to keep feet healthy and pain free. Book a session with our foot care nurse, and she will come to you.
- Light housekeeping. When we are with your loved one, we will help keep their environment clean. Changing bed linens, doing dishes, sweeping the floor, and dusting can be done to help your loved one feel happy and content at home.
- Meal preparation. We all know that eating healthily is important at any age. When we get older and are cooking for one, it is common for us to eat the same things over and over, or to skip meals. Most times a large delicious meal is not prepared because it is too much fuss to prepare for only one person. Our caregivers regularly prepare meals for our clients, and provide company during the meal. It is sometimes surprising how much someone will eat when they are presented with a well-rounded meal that someone else has prepared!
- Care for personal injury, motor vehicle accident (MVA) clients. The aftermath of an injury or accident is a terrifying time. We have compassionate caregivers that will help you with your particular needs, and get you on the road to recovery. We have experience caring for people who have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), acquired brain injury (ABI) and spinal cord injuries. You are safe in our experienced hands.
- Getting glamorous at home. Need to get glamorous for a special occasion? We have partnered with beGlammed, where an experienced hairstylist will come to your home and give you the hairdo you have always wanted! They are specialist make-up artists as well, so the choice is yours.
Testimonial for Retire-At-Home and Ryan Blackwell.
As to the manager of Retire-at Home branch I deal with, Ryan is efficient, hardworking, kind, and caring. He has an excellent relationship with his employees, who all really like and appreciate him. I might add that, to judge from my experience, he has excellent relationships with his clients. Johanna H. Stuckey, 80-year-old ex-professor, East York
Servicing seniors in East York, Leaside, Rosedale, Leslieville, The Upper Beaches, The Beach, Danforth, Old Toronto, Yorkville, Bennington Heights, Playter Estates, Riverdale, Thorncliff Park, and Davisville.
Retire-At-Home Services care for seniors being discharged from all the major Toronto hospitals including:
- East York General Hospital
- Toronto General Hospital
- St. Michael’s Hospital
- Sunnybrook Hospital
More about Retire-At-Home Services
Since 1994, Retire-At-Home Services has been providing premium personal senior services to individuals who are dealing with health concerns that affect their independence. Our goal is to give you the choice to stay at home for as long as you wish while maintaining your independence.
We are proudly Canadian and we have a strong understanding of Canadian health care. Our system has been accredited by Accreditation Canada which means that we meet national standards for the Personal Care Services we provide. All of our Care Services are provided with the highest standards of care, managed by experienced professionals. We work side-by-side with our clients and their families, employees and community partners and always ensure our client’s satisfaction and safety are at the forefront of everything we do.
Specialties: Our comprehensive and personalized services include everything from basic companionship and outings, to nursing and palliative care.