Home Nursing Services
Professional, compassionate Nursing Care Services in the comfort of home!
With our Home Nursing Services in Toronto, East York and North York, all of our Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses have current registrations, up-to-date skills, and are fully insured. Our private nurses are specially chosen for their compassion and desire to help. With our home nursing services we will take the time, in your home, to discuss your health issues with you and explain any procedures in a patient and respectful way.
Our In-Home Nursing Services include:
- Medication administration
- Post-operative care
- Vital signs monitoring
- Foot care services by a specialised foot care in-home nurse
- Ostomy Care
- Catheter care
- Palliative care services
- Intravenous therapy
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Charting and adjusting care plans
We provide overnight nursing care services, nursing live-in, and nursing care by the hour, 24 hours a day. Our home nursing services can be provided at home, in retirement homes, long term care facilities, as well as in hospitals.
All Registered Nurses employed by Retire-At-Home in Toronto and North York must:
- Be a current member and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Possess a valid, unrestricted nursing licence to practice in the province of Ontario.
- Possess a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
- Provide evidence of flu shots.
- Be screened for Tuberculosis (TB).
- Have completed the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) education.
- Have had a recent Criminal Record Check.
The elements of home nursing services that are central to our nursing practice are:
- Assessing needs, Monitoring and Clinical Decision Making
- Personal Care Planning and Care Coordination
- Health Maintenance, Restoration & Palliation
When receiving personal care services from us, we offer Registered Nurse and Registered Practical Nurse case management at no extra charge:
- Free in-home assessment to discuss your needs and wishes
- Regular review visits to oversee the care you receive
- Regular phone calls with family and professionals as required